Spring may be arriving early this year because the groundhog did not see his shadow! Soon the trees will be budding, birds will be singing, and animals will be welcoming their young into the world. Nothing could be sweeter. But when wildlife begin to settle into your home and it make it their own, adorable can quickly become alarming. Below are some preventative measures that you can take to keep animals from lodging with you and yours.
- Clean your eavestroughs. Eavestroughs can make a cozy home for sparrows and other small birds, especially when they begin to build their nests and lay eggs. To avoid nesting, conduct spring cleaning around your roof and gutters to remove leaves that may draw birds onto your property. If you notice that birds have already built their nests, contact ICE for bird removal in Richmond Hill, Etobicoke and surrounding areas.
- Seal vents. Birds such as starlings and sparrows have been known to nest inside vents leading to kitchens, laundry rooms and bathrooms. To prevent this from happening, mesh wiring can be installed to prevent nesting.
- Trim trees. Sprawling branches can create an excellent ladder for raccoons that are looking to climb up onto your roof. Consider contacting our wildlife control specialists for tree trimming services. If raccoons have already begun to invade the trees on your property in Etobicoke, we can assist with raccoon removal.
- Install a chimney cap. Both birds and raccoons may use a chimney as an entryway to your home. When this happens, it can be very difficult to remove birds that are flying around your home, as they will become disoriented and stressed. A mesh wire lid is easy to install, and will keep unwanted critters out.
- Seal off possible entry points. Evaluate your home and look for small openings that an animal or bird might be able to enter. If you find any, secure them with appropriate sealants. Also, look out for rotted wood that a crafty animal might be able to penetrate. Finally, close off areas under porches and verandas. For assistance with wildlife proofing and control in Richmond Hill, contact a pest control technician at ICE Pest.
- Don’t feed the animals. Intentionally or unintentionally feeding neighbourhood wildlife is a sure way to keep them around your property. If wildlife learn that there is a consistent food source, the possibility of nesting and babies becomes much more likely. To prevent an invasion:
- Ensure bird feeders and composters are animal-proofed.
ICE Pest can help you create and implement a plan to keep unwanted animal visitors and their offspring from occupying your home. Our wildlife control services in Richmond Hill and surrounding areas include a variety of preventative techniques to keep your property wildlife-free for years to come. Our technicians will work with you to develop a customized solution for your home or business.
Effective Wildlife Control for Richmond Hill Residents
If you discover a family of raccoons or skunks lodging in your family residence, do not attempt removal on your own. Doing so is very risky, as an outraged mother can become extremely vicious and aggressive.
For homeowners in Richmond Hill, Etobicoke, Mississauga, and other GTA locations, ICE Pest is here to help. We provide humane solutions to compassionately relocate animal babies and their mothers, including raccoons, skunks, squirrels and birds. Once the critters have been safely removed from your property, we will secure the location so that re-entry will not occur.
Contact us today online or by phone at 1-888-439-8376 for more information or a free quote.