Safeguard your Home or Business with Wildlife & Pest Proofing Tips
There are many ways you can protect your home or business from pests and wildlife in Toronto. Use our indoor and outdoor checklists to ensure you’re doing everything in your power to thwart the arrival of insects, birds, bats and wildlife.
- Seal up all openings that animals may use to get into your house.
- Cap chimneys, place wire mesh over vents.
- Repair damages around your house which animals may exploit to gain entry (i.e. rotten wood).
- Reduce the amount of trash or food around your house. Pet dishes are very enticing to wildlife.
- Keep a close eye on your property. Don’t neglect things like sheds or barns.
- Keep limbs of nearby trees trimmed away from your house.
- Clear blockages from eaves troughs. Standing water attracts mosquitoes, and other bugs.
- Keep it clean! Open food attracts ants and other bugs.
- Fix damages to the interior where animals like rodents can gain entry.
- If you have pets, talk to your veterinarian about getting flea medication.
- Vacuum regularly to keep the dust mites under control.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillows regularly to prevent the infestation of bed bugs.
If you have any questions on what you can do to protect yourself, contact us.