Everybody wants a beautiful home and an attractive property. Unfortunately, some features can make your home attractive to the wrong kinds of guests. Wasps and bees may take up residence on your property, making entryways dangerous, windows risky to open, and areas of your yard difficult to cross.
If you have a wasp problem and need safe wasp nest removal in Toronto, contact ICE Pest Control. We offer fast and effective pest control services so you can reclaim your property and protect your family.
Why Do Wasps Nest on My Property?
If you seem to deal with a wasp nest every other year, it may be some feature of your home or yard that makes it an ideal place for them to call home. Here are a few of the features wasps look for when it comes time to build a nest:
- Ceilings or overhanging areas – Eaves and ceilings provide shelter, but also provide a perfect place for wasps and bees to create their nest.
- Food supply – Wasps feed on other insects, so if they have chosen your home, there is likely an abundant food source nearby.
- Weathered wood supply – Get rid of your fire wood pile so that wasps don’t have access to construction material from which they can easily build their nest.
Note that some nests may be concealed. Exposed nests are visible and can be handled with a specialized spray. When using a specialized spray, be sure to wear protective clothing, read all instructions, and warn people to stay away from the area before spraying. If you have young children, pets, or live in a high-foot traffic area, it may be best to call for professional pest control in Toronto.
If the nest is concealed, it will be behind walls or a deck and therefore, can be much more challenging to eliminate. It is best to contact pest removal experts to avoid getting the job half-done or being hurt in the process. It is also important to be aware if anyone living in or around your home has an allergy to wasps. Be sure to prioritize safety and eliminate the problem before it becomes difficult to handle.
To make your property more attractive and prevent the formation of nests in the first place, consider:
- Clean up – Keep trash concealed or far from the home, and ensure fallen fruit from trees is tidied promptly. Wasps’ diet turns from insects to sweet fruits and plants later in the season, so eliminating this food supply will help.
- Remove bright florals – Wasps are attracted to bright floral décor, so limit the use of these patterns and design elements outdoors, no matter how pretty they may look on your lawn furniture.
- Contact a pest control company – Regular pest control treatments will ensure your property is unappealing to wasps and bees. Why pay for removal and risk getting stung when you can eliminate the problem before it happens?
Call ICE Pest Control for Wasp Nest Removal in Markham
Regardless of the size of your wasp nest, ICE Pest Control and Wildlife Removal can take care of it and ensure your family is free to safely enjoy your entire property. If you would like to prevent wasps from nesting on your property or have already spotted a nest, contact us today. Not sure if you’re dealing with bees or wasps? We provide a handy guide to understanding the differences. Our technicians will also be happy to visit your property and evaluate the situation before any work is completed.
Contact ICE Pest Control for wasp nest and bee hive removal across the GTA—from Markham to Toronto, and anywhere in between. Call us at 1877-709-6202 for fast and effective pest control services.